Hosting events for a business can be overwhelming if you don’t have the right tools to get the job done on your WordPress site. Whether you want to announce seminars, meetings, conferences, meet-ups, webinars, or live event at a location you need a reliable yet easy to use WordPress event calendar plugin. Such plugins not only let you accept payments for bookings but can be a great medium to keep your users in the loop about what’s going on with your business. Let’s see a few WordPress event calendar plugins that could be a blessing for your WordPress sites.
Some reliable WordPress event calendar plugins
The All-in-One Event Calendar from Timely is a simple yet powerful event calendar plugin which enables you to list your events beautifully with the option share them easily with the world. With 100,000+ active installs, the strongest feature of the plugin is the feature to import / export iCalendar (.ics) feeds; sync all your events by creating them just once. To add more features to the plugin, download add-ons at Time.ly, like Venues, Extended Views, Twitter integration, Frontend Submission form, Super Widget, and more.
- Recurring events including complex patterns
- Filtering by event category or tag
- Easy sharing with Google Calendar, Apple iCal, MS Outlook and any other system that accepts iCalendar (.ics) feeds (as mentioned above)
- Embedded Google Maps.
- Color-coded events based on category
- Featured event images and category images
- Day, Week, Month, Agenda & Posterboard view
- Upcoming Events widget
- Direct links to filtered calendar views.
- Theme options to customize your calendar appearance
- Inline Calendar Theme editor
- Color code the events according to the categories
The Events Calendar is a beautiful, solid & awesome plugin built and supported by Modern Tribe. Crafted the WordPress way and audited by WordPress experts including core developer Mark Jaquith (for security) & plugin review team member Pippin Williamson (for best practices and plugin compatibility). Interesting add-ons include Facebook Events, Event Tickets Plus to add e-commerce integration and sell tickets directly through your WordPress site using WooCommerce, Shopp, WP-eCommerce, or Easy Digital Downloads. Use the base free version or go Pro with Events Calendar PRO (Premium Support Access, Recurring Events, Week View, Photo View, Map View, Location Search, Venue & Organizer View, Advanced Widgets, Additional Fields).
- Rapidly create events
- Saved venues & organizers
- Calendar month view with tooltips
- List & Day view
- Event search
- Google maps
- Widget: Upcoming events list
- Events Taxonomies (Categories & Tags)
- Google Calendar and iCal exporting
- Completely Ajaxified for super smooth browsing
- Completely responsive from mobile to tablet to desktop
- Tested on the major theme frameworks such as Avada, Genesis, Woo Themes, Thesis and many more
- Increase your SEO with Microformats
- Internationalized & Translated
- Multiple stylesheets (Skeleton, Default, Tribe Event Styles) to improve integration
- Extensive Template Tags for Customization
- Hook & Filters up the wazoo
- Caching Support
- Debug Mode for Developers
Events Manager is one of the most popular event calendar plugins in the WordPress plugin repository with 100,000+ active install. It is a based on the principles of flexibility, reliability, and powerful features which include support for BuddyPress events. If you want advanced features like PayPal, Authorize.net & Offline Payments, Custom booking forms, Coupon Codes & Faster support via private forums, and many more you can buy the Pro version from the official site.
- Easy event registration (single day with start/end times)
- Recurring and long (multi-day) event registration
- Bookings Management (including approval/rejections, export CVS, and more!)
- Multiple Tickets
- MultiSite Support
- BuddyPress Support (Submit Events, Group Events, Personal Events, Activity Stream, more on the way)
- Guest/Member Event submissions
- Assign event locations and view events by location
- Event categories
- Easily create custom event attributes (e.g. dress code)
- Google Maps
- Advanced permissions – restrict user management of events and locations.
- Widgets for Events, Locations, and Calendars
- Fine grained control of how every aspect of your events are shown on your site, easily modify templates from the settings pages and template files
- iCal Feed (single and all events)
- Add to Google Calendar buttons
- RSS Feeds
- Compatible with SEO plugins
- Plenty of template tags and shortcodes for use in your posts and pages
- Actively maintained and supported
- Lots of documentation and tutorials
Simple Calendar – Google Calendar Plugin is the easiest way to add Google Calendar events to your WordPress site.
- Display events from any public Google Calendar
- Keep managing events in Google Calendar. No need to create events in WordPress.
- Out-of-the-box designs that match your theme’s look and feel
- Fully responsive and mobile-friendly monthly grid and list views
- Customize event content display using simple tags. No coding required.
- Combine multiple calendars into single displays explicitly or using categories
- Intuitive, simple display configuration changes for fine tuning
- Advanced settings to adjust time zones, date/time formats and start of the week
- Additional functionality offered with add-ons
- Translations available with more being added on a regular basis
- Open source with code hosted on GitHub
My Calendar does WordPress event management that has a 4.7 stars rating & 30,000+ active installs on the WordPress plugin repository with richly customizable ways to display events. The plugin supports individual event calendars within WordPress Multisite, multiple calendars displayed by categories, locations or author, or simple lists of upcoming events. The Pro version features – Let your site visitors submit events to your site (pay to post or free!), Let logged-in users edit their events from the front-end, Create events when you publish a blog post, Publish a blog post when you create an event, Advanced search features, Responsive mode.
- Standard calendar grid and list views of events
- Show events in monthly, weekly, or daily view.
- Mini-calendar view for compact displays (as widget or as shortcode)
- Widgets: today’s events, upcoming events, compact calendar, event search
- Custom templates for event output
- Limit views by categories, location, author, or host
- Schedule a wide variety of recurring events.
- Edit individual occurrences of recurring events
- Rich permissions handling to restrict access to parts of My Calendar
- Email notification to administrator when events are scheduled or reserved
- Post to Twitter when events are created. (with WP to Twitter)
- Location Manager for frequently used venues
- Fetch events from a remote MySQL database. (Sharing events in a network of sites.)
- Import events from Kieran O’Shea’s Calendar plugin
- Integrated Help page to guide in use of shortcodes and template tags
- Shortcode Generator to help create customized views of My Calendar
- Developer Documentation
Calendarize.it is a premium WordPress plugin on CodeCanyon with 6,976 sales to date. The plugin is the most flexible & feature-rich calendar solution for WordPress with beautiful styling. The “point & click” interface make the calendar extensively customizable on the backend.
- User-friendly interface
- Support for custom fields for events
- Support for Custom Post Types
- Create and Manage Venues, Organizers, and Calendars (Custom Taxonomies)
- Sidebar Widget for Mini Events Calendar
- 8 shortcodes
- Customize date & time formatting
- Google Map integration
- Downloadable Content and Add-ons for Calendarize it!
- Event and Venue Layout Box Builder
- Easy Point and Click interface to add new events
- Preview when entering event in wp-admin (single event)
- Show Individual Calendars per user in WordPress
- Support for Arbitrary Recurring Events and Recurring Events with Exceptions
- Advanced Filtering (Custom Taxonomies)
BuddyPress Events Calendar is a professional quality events calendar plugin which seamlessly integrates Modern Tribe’s Events Calendar plugin into BuddyPress. The plugin inherits all of the advanced features of Modern Tribe’s Events Calendar and is exclusively designed to help you get the most out of your BuddyPress Events’ promotions.
- Compatible with BuddyPress events
- Recurring events
- Publicly submitted events
- New views
- Organize and label events using Event Categories and Post Tags
- Many more options can be added through available add-ons.
Among all the plugins I mentioned above, the Events Manager plugin offers some great features for every user. You just have to get familiar with the complex user interface then I bet you’ll love it.